Hulasol (a brand by the company Solspiration) always adheres to the warranty obligations of Belgian and European manufacturers in accordance with the law. All warranty requests must be submitted out via the trader or website where the product was purchased. All products are extensively tested to guarantee their quality.
1. We provide a warranty term of two years on our products starting from the delivery date (start date), covering manufacturing errors.
2. We provide a specific warranty term of five years on our umbrella fabric for discolouration and structural integrity. In the exceptional case of discolouration, Solspiration will lay out a compensation proposal proportional to the usage period of the product, or a choice will be offered to receive a new canopy whereby the cost for cutting & prefabrication will be charged. Under no circumstances will discolouration result in the free delivery of a new canopy. Burn holes, melted holes, or fabric deformation are therefore not covered by the warranty since these are caused by inappropriate use of the products. Daily protection of the umbrella using the protective cover enhances the lifespan of the Hulasol exponentially.
3. The product must always be installed in accordance with the Hulasol manual.
4. Any loss of enjoyment will not be compensated.
5. Repair or replacement of the Hulasol products within the warranty term can never exceed the original value of the Hulasol product.
6. Work covered by the warranty has no impact on the warranty term, which always ends two years after the start date of the warranty. The warranty does not restart in case of replacement with a new product. The warranty is always extended with the duration of “non-usage”. The warranty of the replaced part will restart and will be two years.
7. Use of the warranty always requires the presentation of the original purchase invoice.
8. Warranty requests must always be submitted in writing within a reasonable term after the initial observation of the issue. The request must contain clear specifications of the information necessary to process the warranty request efficiently and quickly. The company Solspiration guarantees that the problem will be solved, be it through replacement, repair, or a custom solution.
9. Transportation costs are not covered by Solspiration.
10. The warranty shall completely lapse in case of use of accessories not approved by Solspiration.
Expiration of the warranty
1. The warranty expires if defects are observed that are the consequence of incorrect handling of the Hulasol or parts of the Hulasol by the customer or third parties (including but not limited to vandalism).
Unplug the 230V plug before connecting/releasing other connectors.
Cover the connectors with the protective hoods to prevent ingress of water or dust.
2. The warranty expires if defects are observed that are the consequence of external factors outside our reasonable control (including but not limited to disasters; extreme abnormal weather; external chemical damage, due among other things to very high atmospheric pollution or aggressive detergents).
3. Damage as a consequence of cleaning the Hulasol incorrectly is not covered by our warranty program. Always provide the appropriate care as stated on the website and manual:
- Clean the Hulasol canopy and cover using lukewarm water and a PH-neutral mild detergent, wipe carefully using a soft brush. Never use a high pressure washer to clean the Hulasol canopy.
- Wipe clean the frame and base with a soft damp cloth.
- With intensive usage of the products in a hostile (sea, sand, chlorine, ...) environment, we advise that you regularly (once every quarter) rinse the canopy, frame and base using fresh water in order to prevent the build-up of salt residue.
- Never place the cover on the Hulasol when it's wet, this causes mildew.
4. Damage caused at unattended moments or by poor fixation or use of weak supports are not covered by our warranty program.
When you choose a mobile base: always apply the brake to the wheels when the Hulasol is left unsupervised.
When you choose a permanent fixation, the customer is solely responsible for fixing the base in the ground. In exceptional circumstances, the company Solspiration can be hired to install a permanent fixation in the ground and thus the responsibility will be transferred to the company Solspiration.
5. When closing the Hulasol, the holder and protection cover need to be correctly used. Failure in doing so can cause damage even in a closed position. This kind of damage is not covered by our warranty program.
6. Direct and indirect damage caused by a falling Hulasol, whether it is in open or closed position, is not covered by the warranty.
7. For all hardware (aluminum, steel, stainless steel) parts: scratches, superficial corrosion, and wear due to use are not covered by this warranty.
8. All painted parts: whenever the paint flakes off or forms bubbles, Solspiration will replace the damaged item, or present a custom solution.
9. For all plastic parts: scratches and wear due to use are not covered by this warranty.
10. LEDs: normal depreciation of the light output of the LED is higher than 30% of the initial lighting emission at the end of the warranty period.
- Unplug the 230V plug before connecting/releasing other connectors.
- Cover the connectors with the protective hoods to prevent ingress of water or dust.
As wind does not have a constant speed, and as gusts of wind are often more powerful than imagined, we advise to close the Hulasol at all times whenever wind speeds exceed 40 km/hour (6 Beaufort).
The battery is designed to be according the IP65 rating, so it is protected against water jets from any angle. The battery charges is designed for the indoor environment, so the battery must be charged indoor.
Factors that shorten the service life:
- Heavy use
- Storage above 30°C ambient temperature
- Long-term storage fully charged or fully drained
Factors that have a positive impact on service life:
- Minimal use
- Storage at a temperature between 10 and 20°C
- Storage at approx. 30 to 60% charge status